Fooyin Institute of Technology Course Plan
Subject: Current Events
Class: Elective university course
Credits & hours: credits 2 hours (experiment credits hours)
Monday: Periods 2 & 5
Friday: Periods 3 & 4
Course objectives: The objectives of this course are to read, comprehend, and discuss selected magazine articles; the articles about current events are written in English.
Course description: In this course we read current magazine articles in English and discuss them.
1. Course Introduction
2. What Will Replace The Internet?
3. From Red To Green
4. Why State Mandates Don't Work
5. Giving Women The Business
6. Two Cheers For 'Asian Values'
7. Will We Travel Back (Or Forward) In Time?
8. Midterm Examination
9. Cruel And Ever More Unusual
10. The Chinese Way
11. Second Thoughts [About The End Of History]
12. The Menopause Of Empire
13. Will Tiny Robots Build Diamonds One Atom At A Time?
14. The Price Of Liberty
15. Final Examination
Teaching methods: Lecture; Discussion
Teaching material: Selected magazine articles written in English
Midterm examination: 30%
Final examination: 30%
Everything else: 40%
See teaching material